A Senior Friend is someone who used to be a member of NZSCM/SCMA and who has not been an enrolled student in the last three years, and/or someone who wishes to support SCMA and our aims.
Services to the movement
Senior Friends are actively contributing in many ways:
- direct assistance with special projects such as this website, the maintenance of the Senior Friends database, history projects;
- supporting and speaking at meetings of the local groups;
- making regular and one-off donations to the SCMA Trust (which provides the long-term stable income for the movement's administration), and donations to the Nesta Salmond Fund (which funds special movement building projects)
- remembering SCMA with bequests in their wills;
- coming to events and sharing wisdom and stories;
- sending children, grandchildren and other students to SCM meetings and this website
Senior Friends Database
Our database is currently been administered by the National Secretary, if you would like to find a previous member email him at
If you would like to register as a Senior Friend or need to update your details please fill out this online form.
By doing this we will then be able to provide you with regular newsletters and keep you up to date with goings-on within the movement.